Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 1 (May 22, 2008)

Manila wasn't so kind in welcoming me back.

Yesterday (May 21, 2008) was my 1st night in my humble shack--in between the newly built high-rise condominium and Benilde's Angelo King Hotel. Rain poured gently, but my head ached badly. I wasn't able to have my dinner since I can't pully myself out of my airbed--luckily i had the strength earlier to inflate it.

My room wasn't so bad, it's concrete walls are painted white (or at least it is); the floor is covered with dirty white linoleum (I believe it wasn't that dirty when it was installed); a painting in black canvass hangs on the wall; and the temperature isn't too bad.

But I guess the problem--which I did not foresee--is ventilation. The window is big enough but since my room is in the ground level, air is blocked, aside from the fact that I have to cover it with a thick curtain for privacy purposes.

To sum it up, I'd like to believe that my body is just adjusting to the new environment that I'm into.

Oh well, If I had the guts to leave all the "fortunes" I had before, then I must have the balls to face the challenges that lie before me. Aluta Continua! (borrowed from Pandot)

No comments: