Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Novice Teacher

When we were in grade school, my ate kept a diary. I don't know what a diary is during that time, but later, because of TV programs and movies, I have discovered that a diary is where you write your sentiments. I have learned that the diary functions as a person's confidante, whenever s/he cannot find someone to talk to. I've found out that a diary acts as the "shock absorber" of a person. Most importantly, I've realized that diaries should be kept secret. It's contents should be hidden between the owner and its pages.

Nowadays, however, we tend to rely mostly on technology and what we do is to write our "sentiments" through blogs. Indeed, the internet became an international gateway. But what surprises me is the fact that a lot of people find blogging very interesting and worthwhile. This generation has even learned to disclose their darkest secrets to the world.

Anyway, when I was in college, i vowed to finally write in a diary. I thought, when I die, people will forget me, but my ideologies will stay if i write them down.

The focus of my blogs will be mostly about my realizations during my teaching experiences. This is my first year to practice my profession since I was primarily hired to develop the syllabus and instructional materials of tertiary English. I find it difficult to adjust. It has been a year since I graduated and I haven't practiced my profession since then. I had difficulties regarding time management. I thought a one-hour class is to long, only to find out that my first two meetings with my students were fair enough to finish orienting them about the subjects and discussing their requirements withing the semester.

Today, I'll start the struggle, I'll try to keep my blogs updated as possible.

No comments: